Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Things happen for a reason"

Well it has been awhile since I have posted a blog, and today I find myself sitting in the surgical waiting room at the UofU hospital and I suppose now is as good of a time as any to update the blog.
My grandpa is having surgery today, and that is why I can't be found in this place known as the "surgical waiting room". It reminds me of the book Oh The Places You Go by Dr. Suess....people just waiting. Of course, in this waiting room people are waiting for those in surgery. But who knows, they might be waiting for death, for health, and the most likely is waiting for the unknown to become the known. It's a sad place to be. Luckily, I have learned to take life as it comes and it helps a lot knowing that my grandpa is doing ok. I sit here and look at the other people...some upset, some sad, some mad...and I think, "Gosh I'm lucky to know what I know". I am so lucky that I have the knowledge that life goes on after this. There is something more to look forward to, actually that thing is the most important thing. I get to be with Jayson forever. Jayson and I will be an eternal family, and that is a fact. That alone has been getting me through some tough times. No matter what happens in this life...whether or not I am poor or rich, healthy or sick, or just your average Joe; I have the opportunity to be with Jayson forever. YAY!! :)
I'm sorry if I have kind of skipped all over the place, first talking about the waiting room, and then going on to my knowledge of the true gospel of Jesus Christ.
Basically, I just wanted to say that I know that there is so much more joy that I will be able to experience, and even through all the pain that I will experience here on this earth I know that it won't matter in my eternal perspective of things.
Also, I would just like to make a little random side note and thank my husband for everything that he has done to help our little family grow. He is my rock, and I don't know what I would do without him. Today he gave my grandpa a blessing, which is quite a big deal because he has been so anti-religion for most of his life. It meant a lot to me that he would only allow Jayson to give him a blessing. Jayson has this wonderful talent of touching peoples' lives in what might seem the most simplest of ways, but it changes the lives of those around him. Everyday I am amazed at his ability to instantly love people. I hope that one day I can have that kind of passion towards those I come in contact with, even strangers.
Well if this isn't the most random post you have ever read I would like to see the other. :)