Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Coming out of hibernation...

I think it's safe to say that spring is finally on it's way here in Randolph. Our snow is finally melting, which is making for a big muddy mess which isn't so fun when you are trying to scoop poop for 2 Saint Bernards haha, but hopefully this warmish weather will keep up! I was at my mom's last week and it was getting well into the 60's which felt like summer to me! Here we get excited when it's above 30 at this time of year :) Lot's of baby calves are being born around here, and they all are so cute!
Hudson is growing up way too fast! He has always been a talker, but now he is starting to make much more sense haha! He loves eggs and pizza (especially pepperoni) and is a fan of coconut milk mixed with a little ovaltine. He also loooves mangoes, I wish we lived somewhere tropical so that we could have good fresh ones all the time because Hudson is getting sick of the frozen kind. He is super active and I have to constantly be thinking of new things to do so that we don't get bored. I am so looking forward to summer when that adds the option of being outside. He is now wearing 18 month clothes but I can hardly ever find pants that are long enough! He is one tall kiddo! I constantly get asked if he is 2, when I tell people he is only 16 months they look so surprised and always say, he is so tall! There are some other little boys around, in our ward and such that are older than he is but he is either just as tall or taller! Our doctor always comments that he is tall and skinny lol! Lucky! I love being a stay at home mom, and I love watching Hudson grow and learn so many things!
Jayson has been out of town for 10 days now, which I think has been the longest he has ever been gone, and hopefully he will be home within the next few days. It's been hard to be grateful for a job that takes Jayson away from us, but we know that in our area and in this economy there aren't many options and this job allows me to be a stay at home mom so we are grateful nonetheless. Jayson is such a hard worker and I love him so much. Even when he is gone I feel like he is here, he calls as often as he can and is always putting us first and likes to be in the know about what we are up to. My favorite is when he askes to talk to Hudson and they go on and on for several minutes :) It's so cute and he is such a great dad. We will definitely be excited to have him home with us soon!
I am so excited for summer and some trips we have planned and some serious camping! :) I looove camping and I'm excited because this year Hudson will enjoy it a lot more than he did last year haha. Well, I hope everyone is well! I haven't uploaded my camera pictures for awhile but here are some that were on my computer....

 Hudson would seriously sit outside and eat snow all day if he could. As soon as I open the door to go outside to feed the dogs or whatever, he is trying to get out! What a silly kid!
 This picture was from Valentine's day :) My little sweetheart
 Jayson and I at my mom's

These last two pictures are from our "date night" where we went shooting :) Good times! I finally think I got the hang of the 7mm Grandpa Stan!

No comments: