
Today was a great day. I was able to go to the Provo Temple with my mom, dad (who is home from Iraq for a few weeks), and my big bro. It was such an awesome experience. First, I was glad I was able to go with my dad while he is back for a little while. Second, I am so proud of my brother for being a strong priesthood holder and going on a mission. Third, this was my first time at the Provo Temple. It was fun driving by the MTC where I have been there to drop off my brother and a cousin (who is coming home from Hong Kong this month!). And I was thinking a lot about Jayson (he had to work this weekend) and how his mission has affected him. I know that his mission made him a stronger, more independant person. I also think it does that for a lot of people who go on missions, they are away from their mommy and learning how to deal with cooking and doing their own laundry, etc. But I also think that Jayson's testimony grew so much on his mission, and that he learned how to truly and whole heartedly serve The Lord. I love the fact that he returned with honor from the Mexico City South Mission (best mission ever!! hehe) and that there are so many people in Mexico I could thank in helping him become the man that he is today. I love hearing stories from his mission and seeing pictures. It was such an amazing experience for him, and I'm so grateful that he chose to do that. While we were in the Celestial Room today there was quite a few missionaries in our session. This one poor kid was sitting there just bawling, and it could have been for a number of different reasons. And my mom was joking around that he probably just missed his mommy and that she should go pat him on the back and say "son, it's time to get to work" :) But it made me think about how hard it is to leave your family and go to a foreign place (whether it is in the states or not). And how awesome it is that some decide to, as Jayson would say, GIT R DONE!! I am just so grateful for missionaries, because without the full time missionaries my dad would probably have never joined the church. So, I just wanted to send a little shout out to all the full time missionaries and say THANKS!! :) Hope everyone is having a good day!
1 comment:
melanie thanks for the comment... and i agree about this post. without missionaries i wouold not be getting married in the house of the lord :)
Post a Comment