Thursday, July 15, 2010

Our summer has been a busy and fun one so far. A few weeks ago my mom went to a conference near Heber. She invited Hudson and I to come along and I just started wearing down from moving so I said of course!! :) We stayed at the very beautiful Zermatt hotel and spa. It was very fun. We ended up staying one night and two days and while my mom was in meetings and my brother was playing with his friend (who's mom works with my mom) Hudson and I went for walks and enjoyed relaxing. We also tried swimming in a pool for the first time with Hudson. Jayson is pretty allergic to chlorine so I was nervous about putting Hudson in the pool, but he seemed to do alright with it. His eyes started getting a little red after he had been out for a few hours so I figured that he had rubbed his eyes when we went swimming, but nothing serious. We were super lucky to be able to pick Jayson up in Evanston when he got off at like midnight and then he came with me back to the hotel and stayed the night and then we headed to my mom's for the weekend. Thanks mom for letting us crash your conference!!
On a side note there was a speaker during the conference that spoke about a case where a 19 year old boy was texting and driving in Cache county and crossed the center line and hit another car with 2 professors from Utah State, they ended up running into a truck that was driving behind the 19 year old and they were killed upon impact. It was so so so sad. They were featured on Oprah as she has started her NO PHONE ZONE project. Which I am TOTALLY on board for. I signed the online petition thing saying that I would no longer use my phone while driving, whether it is texting or talking. No text is worth a car accident over. I don't have the link for the video, but I'm sure its on YouTube if you want to look it up, and to see Oprah's NO PHONE ZONE project click here. Seriously, go check it out and sign it!! We definitely need to be more proactive about this, especially since kids are using cell phones earlier than normal, we need to make sure people are driving safely!!

No comments: