Tuesday, May 29, 2012
My Grandpa Stan
We just had a memorial service for my Grandpa Stan in his hometown of Clark Fork, ID this past Sunday and I wanted to do a post just for him. He was such a wonderful grandpa. I have some really great memories of him throughout my childhood. I remember him asking my to braid his long mullet when we went camping haha, and I remember him taking me to McDonalds one time as a kid and telling me I could get whatever I wanted...so I got a kids meal hamburger, and once we had sat down he unwrapped it for me and pulled a yogurt container out of his coat and spread it all over my hamburger haha. I remember sharing a love for jalepenos and spicy things. I remember him at every single one of my basketball games cheering me on and supporting me. His baptism just a few years ago was beautiful. He was such a loving grandpa to me. I'm grateful that he was my grandpa and taught me many lessons, like never wear flip flops when driving so that if you get into an accident you don't have to worry about your shoes falling off :) I remember him teaching me how to drive, and showing me how to fish. And I know that even though I'll miss him here on Earth that he is doing much more important work on the other side. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have that this life on Earth is not the end, that it is only the beginning to a wonderful existence on the other side and that I will see my grandpa again. I know that God is good and merciful. It was so wonderful to go up to Idaho with all my family, I felt so close to God in that beautiful place and I know that Grandpa Stan was there enjoying it too. It was so beautiful. I will post another post of just our trip pictures. I love you Grandpa Stan :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mel I had no idea! I am so very sorry. I did get the chance of meeting him and he is all you say he is!
Thanks Kerri :) he was such a great man!
Post a Comment