Today was my first day of orientation at my new job!! WOOT WOOT! YAY for having a job, I feel so accomplished. :) So I'm starting work at Bridges in Evanston WY. It is an adult rehabilitation center for adults with special needs. My freakin awesome bro-in-law worked there a few years back and suggested it to me. I'm really excited about working there. I have always loved working with kids with special needs. My first job was sitting for a family with 5 kids with different developmental needs. It was so fun and so rewarding. I only worked there a year, but I will never forget the lessons I learned from those special spirits. I feel so blessed to have gotten this job at Bridges and getting another chance to work with these wonderful people more.
The orientation today was long and it was a lot of information. I sat in a really uncomfortable chair for about 7 hours and got an overload of info. Luckily I have the weekend to process it and then start training hands on next week. It will definitely be a rewarding experience. Of course it will be hard, but NEWS FLASH!! The good things in life are hard to get because they are the most worthwhile. But only the courageous need apply. haha, I just feel so blessed to be such a fighter. My momma taught me well. I know how to be independent and FIGHT for what I want...not sit around and be waited on. I am in charge of my own destiny.
I am a firm believer of the statement, "Whom God calls, he qualifies". And I believe that it applies to everyone in everything they do. Especially those who take the name of our Savior on them at baptism.
Sorry I went off, just wishing I could say more. But anyways....hope all is well with everyone!
3 comments:
Oh that is so neat I love people with special needs. So I had no idea you moved to evenston. how do you like it?
we didn't move to Evanston...we actually moved to Randolph UT which is like 15 miles from the actual WY border, but Evanston is like 30 miles away. My husband is from here and so its good to be close to family, and I'm liking it so far.
Cute blog by the wy. And good luck on your new job. That's awesome!
Post a Comment