Monday, March 8, 2010

Growing up way too fast!

Hudson is growing up way way way too fast. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital feeling like he would never come, now we are hitting some milestones that I never imagined coming this fast!
-Hudson has rolled over a few times, the first time was maybe a few weeks ago, and he has only done it for me and my friend Brooke, every time I try to show Jayson Hudson looks around like he doesn't know what he is supposed to do haha.
-Hudson loves grabbing onto his feet when he is laying down, he tries to suck on his toes, so socks have become a must.
-He has also started trying to hold his bottle himself, very independant :)
-He sits up almost by himself, I just have to balance him but he holds his head on his own
-Hudson also stands really well when I put him in his jumparoo or if I just hold him on my lap, that is one of his favorite ways to play
-toys have taken on a whole new meaning, they are fun and interesting and he loves looking at each one, studying it for a long time. He doesn't really like it if I shake it in front of him, he more likes it just be held still so he can just look at it
-I really have been so blessed because Hudson has been sleeping through the night since we was about a month old, and he still continues to do so well, he goes to bed around 6 and sleeps until 6 or so. It is really nice :)
-He has been taking out his binky and stuffing his entire fist in his mouth, and sometimes he gets his fingers a little too far down his throat haha, but I tell him that's what he gets for sucking his fingers :) I am trying to keep the binky in there more often than his fingers, but once I put it in he just takes it out and puts his fingers back in :)
-Hudson watches the "your baby can read" DVDs and I swear something is starting to sink in. Whether it is memorized, or he is getting it he reacts to certain words they say with the actions, like "arms up" "arms down" and "clap" so hey :) my baby can (kind of) read haha
-He loves his daddy, when Jayson comes home at night Hudson has a few special moments where he and Jayson just crack up, I'm not kidding, he full on cracks up at Jayson just smiling at him, it must be a daddy thing. :)
Well I can't believe how fast my sweet little son is growing, he is such a blessing in our life. I am so grateful to be a mom, and the joys it has brought. :) Hudson's 4 month appointment is next week and I can't wait to see how much he has grown!
Also, I still don't have my camera, so no pictures of anything lately. We haven't done anything too fun so that's good :) Except I made homemade fried ice cream the other day, it was so so so good! I will never get it from a restaurant again. :) Hope everyone has a great week!