WOW! We had such an awesome week last week, thanks to my fam for such an awesome vacation! Hudson flew on his first airplane ride, and he did so amazing! We flew in the evening to Pheonix and I was able to fly with my mom so she could help me get everything to the gate and all that. I was nervous about the timing so we showed up pretty early and had a lot of wait time at our gate, but I would rather be early than late so it turned out ok :) Hudson drank his bottle as we took off, played with toys as we were in the air, and then fell asleep as we descended. He was such a sweet angel and didn't cry one bit. Everyone sitting around us seemed pretty surprised that he didn't cry. It was awesome. When we got to AZ it was 80 at 5:30 pm, I was so so so excited because I had just left UT where it was snowing and freezing. We had so much fun being with all my cousins, my sisters and brothers, and Hudson's cousins Tyler and Hannah. We went to a fun dinosaur museum where my brother surprised us for April Fool's, and Hudson slept the entire way through that. We had so much fun playing a little Wii Dance, one of my new favorite games, I have been looking for it at Game Stop used, so hopefully it will show up one of these days :) We hung out with my cousins, saw the wonderful Easter pageant at the Mesa Temple. I ended up rocking and walking with Hudson for an hour and a half, but I was able to hear the pageant from where I was walking by the pool in front of the temple. I sure do love the Mesa Temple, it is so beautiful, and the landscaping is always so beautiful. On Saturday we listened to conference as we got ready for my mom's side of the family annual Easter picnic, I made some deviled eggs and we went to the picnic and that was a lot of fun. Congrats to Linda and Rex for winning the egg toss, Jayson and I will be there next year looking to take that trophy from ya :) And then after the picnic my mom, Ben, Katie, Hudson, and I headed home. We stayed in Kanab on the way home in this crazy dirty hotel...but it was ok for the night :) And then we got back to my mom's in the afternoon and started throwing together an Easter dinner for Linda, Rex, my Grandpa Stan, my mom, Ben, Katie, Hudson and I. My mom did a great job putting it all together in a short amount of time. And I was so proud of myself, I threw together some completely made from scratch rolls, which I have never done before so that was pretty cool! We really missed Jayson on our trip, and I colored some eggs that said, "we miss you, love you" and sent the picture to him. I am so grateful for such an amazing husband who works so hard for our family, and is such a great person. It has been hard with him away, but hopefully it won't become a regular thing. He is looking to come home any day now, we are just waiting for the weather in WY to clear up so they can drive on the roads. I can't wait until he comes home!
A few things I forgot to mention about AZ- we were able to enjoy some fruit (grapefruit and oranges) right off the tree in my aunt's backyard, they were so amazing! It makes me sad that we don't have stuff like that around here...but it was good to enjoy it. I know I added a picture of Hannah in Hudson's carseat, haha, it was so hilarious...my cousin Kelly was holding Hudson but I heard his toys start playing music in his carseat and I looked over and there Hannah was just playing away. After the Easter picnic we were able to go see my sweet great grandmother's (we called her Nanny) grave. It was such a special moment, I hadn't been there since she died when I was younger, and it was good to see it and remember some sweet memories I have with her. She was such a special lady, and I have felt her spirit with me so many times.
I was so sad to come home to so much snow! My garbage can was tipped over and just full of snow, it took all my strength to get it back up and out from the street. Also, I had to lug all my stuff in from our long trip and it took me 20 trips in snow past my ankles, and when I got home I was in my flip flops and my feet were freezing! I ran in and put my boots on and ran back out to get Hudson, I almost fell a couple of times carrying him in because of the drifts but luckily I made it in!
Well....I think that was all I wanted to post about, the pictures are all out of order, but here they are....hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
































































1 comment:
Looks like FUN FUN!!
Post a Comment