Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lots of things going on all of a sudden...


Ok, so it seems like lately I haven't been so patient with blogger, so sorry to just upload all the pics and then explain them, maybe one day when my life slows down I will take the time to write a caption underneath each one. So the first few pics are of drum roll please.............. (haha I'm watching the clip in my head from Christmas Vacation where the grandma is rolling her tongue and drinking a martini HAHA) OUR NEW HOUSE!!! Yes, it is finally official, we closed last night, just in time to get the first time home buyers credit, and just in time for Jayson to go out of town for a few weeks. Man, it sure was a long drawn our process for us, and it seems like everything that could go wrong did, but thank goodness, our prayers are answered and we have finally closed. We got a super steal on the house, it appraised for like 25,000 more than we got it for, lucky us! Also, it is right up the street from the trailer we are living in now, super easy move! :) It has three bedrooms, 2 baths, brand new flooring (wood and tile) brand new appliances and kitchen cabinets, and a seriously nice fenced in back yard. We are seriously so excited about calling ourselves homeowners and finally being able to call the place we live HOME :) I am thinking about trying to pull a fast one on Jayson and moving everything before he comes home from working out of town next week, haha, we shall see next week :)
Next I want to shout out to my saweeett and amazing and perfect for me husband Jayson for Father's Day, a little late I know. He is such a great dad, it's amazing how close he and Hudson already are. When I call Jayson on the phone while he is gone Hudson gets super excited,  and when Jayson is home and comes in the door every day Hudson just lights up. Since day 1 Jayson has been amazing, he is always so helpful when we are going places and getting Hudson's stuff ready, and I seriously don't have to ask him to change Hudson's diaper, he just does it when he is home. He is an amazing husband, and I love him so much and I'm so grateful that Hudson and I have him :)
Now Hudson has hit some pretty cool milestones lately. First, he said his first word about 3 weeks ago. He was sitting in between Jayson and I on our bed, and looked at me and said "mom", it was totally clear and I almost had a heart attack hearing it. Nothing can prepare you for that. People can try to explain how seriously life changing it is to hear that sweet little innocent baby say his first word. It has changed my life that's for sure. The next few days I tried to get him to say it again, but he just wouldn't. Then out of no where one morning I wake up and hear on the moniter "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom". I shook Jayson and said, "are you kidding me??? do you hear that???" Jayson couldn't believe it either. And since then it says it pretty often, of course never when I want other people to hear it to show off, I have a video of him saying it, but I couldn't get it to upload here. I will have to try again later. Also, he got his very first tooth finally! After what feels like the last 5 months of teething his first little tooth poked through. It is so fun to see his little grin and know that not much longer from now he will have a mouth full haha. He is still loving baby food (fruit/oatmeal in the morning, veggie/rice cereal at night), but he loves a little nibble here and there from what Jayson and I are eating, he definitely got Jayson's part of loving Mexican food (haha sometimes Jayson and I joke that although he looks white, on the inside he is all Mexican!) Hudson just LOVES tortillas, I will give him little bites and he just gobbles them up, its super cute. He also looves to suck on fresh mangoes. I also am afraid to say that our little Hudson might be ready to crawl soon. He gets up all the time and rolls all over the place, I've had to baby proof even more than I suspected, and I'm just ready with the video camera for that first time.
Hudson's helmet wearing is going wonderfully. Our doctor was so surprised at Hudson's 2 week visit that he has made so much progress, he said he has never seen a kid make that much progress is the first 3 weeks of wearing the helmet. So, we continue to have Hudson wear it 23 hours a day (he gets a one hour break for bath), and he will probably keep it on for another 6 weeks or so.
We are doing so great, so excited to move in to our new house and maybe enjoy some summer BBQ's with friends. Jayson and I both agreed today that we never thought that our love could grow as much as it has for each other. We are still crazy in love, and loving every minute of our lives :) Jayson has been busy working out of town the last little while, so when he gets to be home we have been trying to make the most of it, but we find we are more and more grateful for communication and cell phones coming in handy.
Also, side note, I am now the Rich High assistant drill team coach. I know lots of you are thinking, drill team??? haha, but I did dance for 12 years or so, and I am bringing more of a ballet background to the group to help with their lyrical dances, etc. It has been fun putting back on my ballet flats and working out with the girls (there are only 9 on the team!). I am looking forward to this fun opportunity, and Hudson loves coming with me so it all works out :)
We hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July, we will definitely be having a fun one :) And a great rest of the week :)

4 comments:

*S.Udy* said...

I'm so excited for you and everything that is going on with you and your family! Congrats on your house! Oh and I have a blog now for me and Scott. Its stephandscottudy.blogspot.com

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

yay for your house and yay for hudson too!

Natalie Marie said...

Love the new house! I feel bad it's taken me so long to catch up on your blog. My feed doesn't update when you update, now that you're off the radar :) Hudson is such a cute little guy! Love you, hope everything is great! Congrats on the drill team coach. I was actually thinking about you and your dance experience just the other day- go figure

Lyndsi said...

Your house is so cute Mel! I love it! Congrats :)